China: Beijing, Chengdu, ChongQing and 8 other cities
Looking for something different this summer? Why not check out China? You've read about the enormous implications of China's renaissance. See what all the hype is about while padding your resume with international work experience! Abroad China's 10 week summer program allows participants the same opportunities to learn Chinese language and culture as other study abroad programs, but provides the added benefit of acquiring international work experience through internships. Living on college campuses while interning ensures participants gain a broader understanding of China through exposure to both academic and business circles. A week long study tour showcases China's geographic and economic diversity while day trips to China's most famous landmarks like the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square highlight weekends. Participants also attend seminars and network with local business leaders and expatriates to increase their understanding China's business environment and job market.
* Locations: Beijing, Shanghai & major cities in China
* Housing: international student dorms at Chinese universities or budget hotels
* 3 different summer programs:
* Internship only
* Study only
* Intern/Study combination
* 3 levels of Mandarin Chinese language instruction: beginner, intermediate, advanced
* Program include: Housing, language class tuition, internship placement, seminars, training, company tours, week long country tour, orientation packet, visa processing fees, and airport pickup/drop off in China.
* Expenses: participants on average spend USD1000- USD1800 on personal expenses including: local sightseeing, weekend tours, meals, local transportation, entertainment and souvenirs.
Abroad China offers a variety of services to university students and those who are interested in experiencing the Chinese culture, whether through study, work, living, travel, or a combination of these.
Rising college junior status and above: including college graduates, MBA and other Graduate Students in good academic standing. Must be a native English speaker (or equivalent proficiency), have good communication skills and eagerness to experience and explore Chinese culture. Respect for diversity and the willingness to present yourself in a professional manner is a must. Chinese language ability is NOT required. We would, however, strongly recommend that you consider learning some Chinese before your program begins and/or take language courses in China with our Intern/Study program.
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Worldwide Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups
Abroad China is committed to providing individuals unique opportunities to better understand China. We are a service oriented company offering several programs, which include internship programs, volunteer programs and study tours. Through these programs Abroad China aims to bridge the cultural gap that exists between China and the West.