You should be:
PROACTIVE - Jump in and maintain a positive attitude.
PATIENT - Life in your host country moves slower than one might be used to. Relax and enjoy the slow pace. Remember, not everything is as organized and predictable as life in the US or UK.
FLEXIBLE - Plans change, roads get flooded, and electricity goes out. Realize that not everything goes as planned, but good intention is always there.
CONSIDERATE - Respect those around you and be a reliable worker at the program site. Tell your host family if you will be late. Advise the Project Coordinator if you are sick and can not work.
RESPECTFUL - Remember that the local people you are working with, side by side, do so with little or no salary. They do this work because they believe in it. There are times when you may not agree with or understand the organizations decisions or direction. Although your suggestions are always welcome, your faith, respect and consideration for their long term work and commitment is appreciated.
FRIENDLY - In order to truly help someone you must get to know them. Do not be afraid to make friends with the local people. Smile, wave and see how fast you are welcomed into the community.
TOLERANT - The food, the culture, the smells and the sounds will be unfamiliar to you at first. We recommend that you dive in and experience life head-on. You will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt.
Cost in US$:
1695 to 1995
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
- Written materials abroad
Program Fees Include:
The ABV Galapagos program include the following services:
- Airport meet and greet in Quito
- 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito
- Orientation, project briefing in Quito
- Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos
- Entrance fee (100 USD) Galapagos National Park
- Ingala ID card
- Meet and greet on Santa Cruz/San Cristobal
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day
- Volunteer project placement 35-40 hour per week
- Transfer to airport at end of program
- Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito
- Airport reception in Quito
- Final overnight/meals in Quito
- Departure transfer to Quito
- Childcare & Children
- English Teaching
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Worldwide and Asian Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is