1 Planet Header Image 1 Planet Header Image

Volunteer and Teach in Puerto Rico!

Best trip of my life

I had an awesome experience at Puerto Rico with 1Planet. They took care of everything and made sure I was comfortable all the time. I also got the opportunity to do volunteering work. In all, it was the best week of my life.

Amazing cultural immersion experience!

This was an awesome experience. I had the opportunity to experience, visit, eat, and observe all the beautiful things Puerto Rico had to offer. It is a trip I will never forget and will definitely do again. Thanks 1 Planet for an amazing experience!

Amazing experience in a beautiful country

Let me just start off by saying I want to go back to Puerto Rico! It was an affordable trip and I learned a lot. The way you impact the community is a whole new experience when your doing it in another country and language. On top of that, the food, the weather, the beaches, and so much more was amazing! Of course, the staff at 1 Planet were great companions for the trip. They give you an experience you will never forget!

Helping people while making friends

To me this experience no only helped me observe the natural beauty and life of the people in Puerto Rico but also enabled me to help the local community. The whole was organized we well, where we worked with local people during the day and explored the island in the evening. Alex, Brent and the team did a great job.

Spring Break 2016

As someone who has volunteered with several international organizations in the past, I highly recommend getting involved with 1 Planet. The coordinators (Brent & Alex) were super friendly and made sure we had the total Puerto Rican experience: community service at a day center with senior citizens, ecotourism around the ENTIRE island, amazing food (you HAVE to try Mofongo)... and, of course, the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean! Hands down, one of the best Alternative Spring Breaks I've ever had :-)

Volunteering in Rincon, Puerto Rico

I am a first year medical student at the Medical College of Georgia and I am happy to say that my experience with 1 planet was an overwhelmingly positive one. From the very beginning, our two guides were extremely friendly and always helped us out with anything we needed. As for the volunteering, getting to help take vital signs at the senior center was a great experience, and really made me feel like I was helping in the community. I would recommend 1Planet to anyone who is looking to have a fun time traveling abroad while also making a positive impact on the community they are visiting.