Careers @ GoAbroad.com
GoAbroad.com is always looking for energetic, driven, and talented individuals to join our growing team! If you’re interested in talking with us more about how you can become part of our dynamic team, please complete the following steps:
- Send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample* (be creative!) to kayla[at]goabroad.com. Please attach as PDFs & use the email subject “I Want to Join GoAbroad - FULL NAME”. * If you are interested in video, digital media, or another type of work, please include a sample of your awesomeness in lieu of a writing sample.
- Make sure your cover letter and creative sample showcases why you think you would make a great addition to the GoAbroad team!
- Connect with us on social media and share with us a photo, video, or blog/article about an international experience you had!
- Psst! You should also keep scrolling to learn how you can apply to be part of the GoAbroad Writer’s Academy!
GoAbroad Writer’s Academy
Seeking Writers for the GoAbroad Writer’s Academy
Do you get excited about researching meaningful travel experiences around the world (perhaps even to places you’ve never even been)? Do you give unsolicited travel advice to people who don’t have a passport? Are you highly attentive to detail, a strong writer, and on the Oxford comma team? Do you enjoy tackling writing assignments with gusto and enthusiasm? Are you an active social media user? If you said yes to nearly all of these questions, you may be a perfect fit for the GoAbroad Writer’s Academy!
Members of the Writer’s Academy will support the mission and growth of GoAbroad.com by assisting with GoAbroad’s external and internal content strategies, with the purpose of creating original content to be hosted on GoAbroad and other avenues determined by GoAbroad.
As a key part of the GoAbroad team, members of the Writer’s Academy will generate online content and travel writing pieces for the international education industry. This is a remote position with potential for pay after a trial period, based on performance. You will report directly to the GoAbroad Content Coordinator.
The GoAbroad team culture is rooted in our passion for international education and cultural exchange of people of all ages and backgrounds. We’re a dynamic team in a fast-growing company where we value teamwork, ingenuity, laughter, and a “get it done” attitude.
If you’ve ever wanted a start in the field of online travel writing or international education, this is the perfect opportunity for you to gain experience with a global company!
- Write a minimum of four (4) original content pieces per month for publication on GoAbroad and other venues determined by the GoAbroad Content Coordinator
- Collaborate with the GoAbroad content team to identify, collect, and develop content
- Pitch innovative, cutting-edge, and creative ideas for content development and social sharing
- Monitor trends in travel/international education to assist in influencing content creation
- Meet on occasion via Google Hangouts with GoAbroad staff to discuss content strategies
- Share GoAbroad content across your personal social media channels
- Assist with other activities and initiatives as needed
- A background (or working towards a degree in) one or more of the following areas: Marketing, Journalism, Online Marketing, Intercultural Studies, Creative Writing, International Education, or related field
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of content creation/management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communications skills
- Experience in the online marketing and the travel writing environment
- Self-motivated with strong decision making abilities
- In-depth knowledge of and interest in international travel/education field including study, intern, volunteer, teach, work, TEFL, degree, and high school abroad opportunities. Travel experience in one or more of these areas is necessary
- Ability to manage time independently
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- Accepted writers will be contacted by the end of each month to begin writing the following month
- Applications submitted after the 23rd of each month will be grouped with the subsequent month’s applications for contact and assignments
Complete the online application to be considered for the GoAbroad Writer’s Academy. Have the following ready to include: social media links, published examples of your writing online (or a writing sample of at least 1,000 words), contact information, and why you want to write for GoAbroad. Submit your application by the 23rd of each month to begin writing for the following month. Any questions are to be directed to Carrie Herrera Niesen, email@example.com.