CALLING ALL TRAVEL-WRITER-EXTRAORDINAIRES!
Can you whip up dazzling content like a BOSS? Is your listicle game STRONG? Does adventuring, living out your passions, and learning by doing make you feel PUMPED? Keep reading because we have the perfect writing gig for YOU!
- Promote thought leadership in the field of international education and the meaningful travel industry.
- Contribute 2-4 assigned monthly articles, operate within deadlines, and manage time independently.
- Conduct research for article contributions and submit drafts on time, and then edit, revise, and review work in response to feedback effectively.
- Innovate new approaches to content creation in harmony with the GoAbroad.com brand.
- Remain up-to-date on education industry trends and be willing to mold your writing to effectively fit with online content marketing techniques.
- Follow very structured editorial guidelines, voice, and style requirements and adapt to new requirements, both editorial and technical, as pieces develop.
- Create social media posts to market your work post-publication.
- Be committed to inspiring others to see the world!
- Thoughtful and on-going guidance, support, and mentorship from the GoAbroad.com Editorial team to help you improve your journalistic prowess
- Exposure to a fast growing industry, experienced writing professionals, and mission-driven work
- A beautiful authorship page and online portfolio! (Example here)
- Personalized shout outs and publicity among our networks of 150,000+ people
- Increased access to external writing opportunities and journalism courses
- $$! Financial compensation per article, based on writing skills and experience
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Has a heart for meaningful travel
- Feels comfortable writing conversational, informative, research-driven articles that communicate the value of experiential education
- Employs digital copywriting experience with ample social media experience
- Is a willing and talented researcher of topics and trends that relate to the field of international education and travel
It would also be cool (and useful) if you have…a background (or are working toward a degree in) one or more of the following areas: Marketing, Journalism, Online Marketing, Intercultural Studies, Creative Writing, International Education, or any other related field; experience traveling in multiple world regions; varied experience in volunteering, studying, teaching, interning, TEFL, working, high school, or earning a degree abroad.
All applicants must submit details of their travels, previously authored work, links to social media accounts, as well as an unpublished writing sample.
Required information and documents must be submitted through our online application by October 16, 2015 11:59pm PCT to be considered for this position.
Any questions and concerns can be directed to writers@GoAbroad.com.
All applicants will be contacted for further consideration from October 24, 2015 – October 31, 2015.
Accepted applicants will receive their first wave of assignments in early November 2015.
GoAbroad.com is committed to providing the most comprehensive international education and alternative travel resources. Our user-generated reviews, verified program listings, comprehensive interviews, and authoritative articles aim to help future travelers see the world intentionally and thoughtfully. Learn more by visiting our About Us page.