Where in the world is GoAbroad? Pretty much everywhere you are!
Want an opportunity to get featured on GoAbroad?
It's easy. Include the GoAbroad logo in a picture from a destination that is abroad, upload the photo to the “Where’s GoAbroad?" photo folder on the GoAbroad Facebook page and -- in the description area -- tell us:
- a little about yourself (don't reveal any personal information like email addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, etc.!)
- the location of the photo
- why it is important to you
Check out creativity ideas and The Rules of the Road (below).
There is no voting, there are no prizes -- and everyone who participates is truly a winner! Every so often we may pick a photo or two to share on a GoAbroad social media channel such as our blog, Twitter, etc. -- but that's not the point. This is an opportunity to share a bit about yourself and your adventures -- or dreams of adventure -- with us and other GoAbroad fans.
And, yes, we are planning some great contests in the future, but this isn't one of them...
How Creative Can You Get?
Here are some of the creative ways to use your photo of choice:
- Take a photo of you in a foreign destination holding a sign with the GoAbroad logo. To make that easy, you can download our 8 1/2" x 11" sign.
- Insert the GoAbroad logo (you can download it with a white background or a transparent background) into a photo and upload it. What kind of photo? It's up to you! Just make sure that it is either your photo or a photo that falls under a Creative Commons license. How about...
- A photo of you in a foreign destination where you’ve inserted the GoAbroad logo into the picture.
- A photo of a foreign destination where you've inserted both you AND the GoAbroad logo into the picture.
- An original graphic that you create with you and the GoAbroad logo.
- A “Where’s Waldo”-type of montage where you “hide” the GoAbroad logo somewhere in the photo. Extra credit for this!
Here are some examples of what you can do with your photo. And, of course, there are so many other ways to do this! How creative can you get??
The Rules of the Road
Both GoAbroad users and clients can upload photos.
You're not required to have spent time abroad in order to submit a photo. If you are reading this, we’re sure that you've either been abroad or would like to go someday! Why not use this opportunity tell us and other GoAbroad fans about your adventure -- or begin one by “picturing” yourself in a favorite destination? See the example below.
There are a few simple guidelines we'd like you to follow:
- Any photo uploaded has to have the GoAbroad logo prominently displayed in/on the photo.
- You can let us know that you've uploaded a photo by tagging the GoAbroad logo with "GoAbroadCom"
- If you have friends in the picture with you, be sure to tag them so they know you’ve included them. We don't want anyone finding their face on our social media channels without some warning!
- We like to keep it fun and classy, so make sure it’s a photo that you’d let your mom see!
This opportunity is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.