"Discover Your Value (DYV)" is a 14-part series is dedicated to helping individuals around the world learn how to communicate their value to others with an emphasis on their international experience. The series is based upon the book The ABCs of Marketing Yourself: A Workbook for College Students.
The topics covered are:.
- The challenges students all over the world face in 2011
- The need to share your unique value in the marketplace
- The realization that you have to advocate for yourself
- The link between professional development and personal growth
- Common traits found among successful people
- Professional skills employers are looking for
- Using education abroad to leave your comfort zone
- The value of internships and the demonstration that you understand "work"
- The three communication pieces every student needs: personal statement, value proposition and one word
- Focus on your success factors to help differentiate yourself
- Using education abroad as one of your success factors
- Why every student needs their own web page
- Ways to communicate your value
- Realizing that marketing yourself is a life long commitment
As a college student, recent graduate or other job seeker, marketing yourself in the world’s most competitive century requires you to Assess your personal and professional skills; Brand yourself with an effective value proposition and Communicate your brand in a clear, consistent, compelling and concise manner. The ABCs of Marketing Yourself: A Workbook for College Student provides an easy to use, step-by-step approach to assess, brand and communicate your unique value. This book provides a hands-on approach that can be implemented immediately. It is recommended reading for any college student, recent graduate or job seeker that wants to apply to graduate school, look for employment or launch their own venture.
It is our hope that this series will help you to better understand how to think effectively in order to take action and achieve the personal growth that is necessary to succeed as a young professional.
"Discover Your Value" is written by guest blogger Michael Edmondson, Ph.D., the Director of Marketing and Recruitment for The Philadelphia Center. He and Peter Abramo, Ph.D., are the authors of The ABCs of Marketing Yourself: A Workbook for College Students. You can also follow Michael on Twitter at @ThinkActGrow.